APOCALYX is a...

free Game Engine based on OpenGL (MAIL) (SITE) (FORUM) (BLOG)

Monday, July 7, 2008

Mushroom's Ride

First screenshot of Mushroom's Ride, a prototype in development written for the Lost Garden's Shade Compo (read the original post about the Lost Garden Awards).

As you can see, to fast prototype the game I'm starting from the sources of Dragon's Ride because there is no time to reinvent the wheel again and again. In place of all the models features in Dragon's Ride, I simply put two fairies: they are going to lead the mushrooms to their goal, moving along fresh shadows and avoiding the hot sun.
Now I'm going to model a few mushrooms. As you know, my modelling capabilities are very poor, but I must admit that mushrooms are not the most difficult thing to model in the world... or, at least, I hope so.

No comments: