APOCALYX is a...

free Game Engine based on OpenGL (MAIL) (SITE) (FORUM) (BLOG)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

First steps (City Racing)

I didn't forget the development of "City Racing" (CR). Finally, I had some time to spend and I set the usual framework that you can see in all the demos, that is the screen showing the logo, a view of the level and the scrolling acknowledgements.


The next step will be the programming of the player's car control, so we could drive at fast speed through the city streets, and finally I'll program the opponents' cars behaviors.
In the meantime, I'm looking also for good obstacles to put on the track. Something like the truck and the loader that you can see on the left. Unluckily, these two models are not textured, so they need too much work for a simple demo, but I'll search again: there are so many free models out there, that one has only to choose.

No comments: