APOCALYX is a...

free Game Engine based on OpenGL (MAIL) (SITE) (FORUM) (BLOG)

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vietman War models (II)

As usual I executed a benckmark to verify the performances of the Vietnam War models that I have recently found. I put 50 soldiers together in the same shot and I got almost the same frame rate of the 64 WW2 US soldiers in MD2 format, that I benckmarked in April.

I tried also the same benchmark substituting the marines with helicopters and, surprisingly, I got a frame rate only slightly lower. I was surprised because the helicopter carries a pilot and his quality is not so bad. Probably the triangles count of the two models is not so different.

These results are very interesting, because I'm planning a crowded demo with running soldiers and flying helicopters in a Vietnam background to test the new realistic water reflections. Thanks to these beautiful models, it's going to look very nice.

No comments: