APOCALYX is a...

free Game Engine based on OpenGL (MAIL) (SITE) (FORUM) (BLOG)

Monday, May 19, 2008

Vietnam War models

As already done with Irrlicht, I’m planning a comparison between the terrains implemented in Ogre3D and APOCALYX. In the meantime I’ve found an interesting collection of MDL models taken from the “Tour of Duty” MOD for Half-Life 1.

The collection includes a lot of scenery and nice vehicles from transports airplanes to helicopters. There are also several classes of soldiers with different weapons, so I’ll ask to the authors for permission to use them in one of my next demos.
I’m dreaming of a demo (to be done right after "City Racing") with realisitc water reflections, palms and huts, US soldiers, flying helicopters all around and the “Apocalypse Now” soundtrack in the background. Stay tuned!

No comments: